Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RSS


RSS is really interesting. Basically instead of checking your favorite blogs and websites individually, all of them gather in one place, i.e. in your google reader page, and become one click away. So you don't have to think about what are all the things you want to check out every single day. This week in our class, we practiced how to use RSS. So far I have included all of my classmates' blogs, and some other blogs for my information sources. Mine, and the reasons behind them, are as following:
These are all of my classmates' plus my professor's
Blogging My Mind
Dave's blog
Dr. Z Reflects
Education and Technology
Elser's Thoughts
Kate's Blog
Mary's Blog
My Sweet Blog
and Nerdy Thoughts on Technology in Education

The rest are blogs recommended by the professor and the ones I personally thought would be useful to me:
2 cents worth
Rob Galloway's blog
Cool Cat Teacher Blog
edu.blog.com
Steve Hargadon's blog
weblogg-ed
are all class requirements.

Cedar Falls News
I live in Cedar Falls and I want to know all the highlights of my town daily.

Airfare Deals
My husband and I like to find inexpensive airfare deals when we travel.

Dental Hygienist Job
I am a dental hygienist and I would like to know what other job opprtunities are out there, as well as the pay.

Emerging Instructional Technology
Class requirement; this is actually designed by my professor, Dr. Z and shows you all the things we have learned and done so far.

The tooth booth dental
I can find great interesting dental information from this blog.

So all of these come to me everyday, in one page and I can select which one I wants to read at a time. Helpful and time-saving!

No comments: